Monday, December 5, 2011

Untitled #23

Today I worked mainly on Sonntag and The Old Man's Song.  First I did score study.  I got on NAXOS music library and looked up Sonntag and found it.  I made more pronunciation markings in for Fauline and Hoyte.  What I had written in for phonetics was not working for me because I was not pronouncing it correctly, so I am going to try writing it another way and maybe it will make more sense to me in the practice room later.  I also listened to how the singer presented it and where they were breathing/phrasing.  Then I looked up The Old Man's Song, but I had no luck.  It was hard to find on NAXOS.  In fact, I am almost for sure that they don't have it on there so I looked it up on YouTube and found one video of the song.  The girl who sang it, did a splendid job.  I needed to reacquaint myself with it, because it had been a while since I'd worked on it.  I listened to that a few times, and then went to the practice room to work on my rhythm errors on the last page.  I conducted myself through those parts slowly like you suggested and wrote in the counting.  Then I worked that last page starting at the "AH's".  After I had been through it a few times, I decided to go back and rerun the entire song so that I would get a hang of how it all fit together.  It went pretty well, sometimes I think I just psych myself out or over think things and get confused.  

No comments:

Post a Comment