Monday, November 14, 2011

Untitled #22

Today I warmed up with some "AH" vowels.  My mission for this practice session was to try achieving greater consistency of ease in my higher register.  As I sang the "AH" vowels up the scale I tried to concentrate my air towards my top teeth.  I tried curing up my top lip like a snarl and keeping the mouth long not wide at the same time.  For some reason I still felt strained.  I hate this.  Uhg!  I know I can do this.  Why doesn't it ever work for me?  So I kept trying it and as I did each scale I tried adjusting my face.  After a couple more runs I decided to try something else.  The "NG-AH" was my next choice because generally it is fool proof.  I ran through a few of those and they sounded great.  I decided to keep going up but I  didn't make it very far.  I think I have done enough for today.  I still have lessons yet today as well as choir and chorale.  I don't want to over do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment