Monday, February 13, 2012

Untitled #27

This week I have been working on Non so piu cosa son, O del mio dolce, Widmung, and Reward.  Mostly I have been working on perfecting my memorization of Widmung.  It frustrates me to know that I don't have it perfectly memorized when I've been working on it since school started.  I have been trying your suggestions.  You really hit the nail on the head when you said I've been taking my music away too soon.  I guess my thoughts were that I'd need to just toughen up, get smart and memorize it (like weening myself off my bottle...the bottle being my music) or suffer the consequences.  Definitely not the right sort of mentality or technique because obviously it didn't work.  I've been trying your suggestions.  I will sing it with my music in front of me.  Also I've been working on singing in a mirror.  When I went to ACDA last week I witnessed many talented singers perform and all of them had the biggest mouths.  I want to have the same.  It would help resolve the struggle between me and my voice.  I just cleaned my room and got rid of some stuff.  I found I had more wall space, so I put up a mirror to practice in.  O del mio dolce has definitely been a lot of working with technical things.  There are more trills and things in that song than any other song I've ever sang.  I've been doing more conducting myself through that one and non so piu cosa son.  There are so many rhythmic and technical things to work on.  As for Reward, I've basically just been trying to familiarize myself with the song.  I've been working a lot on listening to it and playing out the parts on the piano.  That song has some rhythms I've never encountered in a solo before.  Those will be probably the biggest challenge, but I'm not worried about them at all.  I just need to be ready for them and make sure to anticipate them when they come along.

1 comment:

  1. Are you practicing in a mirror? Remember that the biggest hurdle you have at the moment is relaxing the jaw and increasing the mouth space in the upper part of your range. Follow through the phrase--sing to the end with the "buzz" present in the entire note value. Keep up the great work, Chelsey. I am so proud to watch the growth you have made in the last year. You are a perfect fit here!!!

    ReplyDelete