Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Untitled # 13

Monday and Tuesday I worked on my embellishments for Star Vicino. The first two really tripped me up.  Especially the second one that required me to jump from a high D to a low D.  I played them over and over till I they were stuck in my head.  Then I quit playing it and tried singing it without the piano.  It went pretty well but I wasn't completely confident about it yet so I sang through that section a couple more times.  I was really afraid I'd forget it but I didn't have much time so I had to move on.  Then next embellishment I tackled was not quite as hard to learn but there was one interval I kept missing.  It was only a M3 but the rest of the embellishment was like a scale so I kept missing it.  I resolved this problem by starting three notes ahead of the interval and playing it so that I could get used to hearing the section.  When I was sure that I had it down, I ran through the entire song a couple of times so that I could put it all together and see if I could remember everything.  So far, my memory hasn't failed me yet! I am pleased with my work:)

No comments:

Post a Comment