Thursday, October 27, 2011

Untitled #15

Today before Madrigals I decided to take that half hour to practice.  First I ran through Star Vicino a couple of times just to keep it fresh in my memory.  That went very well because I remembered all of it this time and that last little interval didn't throw me off like it usually does:)  After that, I decided it was time to work on Liebst du um Shonheit.  I started by reviewing what I had learned yesterday, which was the first two pages.  There is only one part out those two pages that trips me up, and that is the very last two measure of the second page.  It's not the notes, it's the rhythms.  I'm not sure if I am doing them correctly.  On my way to Wakefield for observation, I'll listen to my recording and try to put two and two together.  After I had reviewed the first two pages, I moved on to the last two.  There are a couple of sections that I question the rhythms on, but when I listen to the recording I'll figure it out.  I also recognized a couple of repeated parts in the song.  Once I had sang through the last two pages a few times and felt that they were solid I decided to start from the beginning and see if I could put them together.  There were a couple of rough spots, otherwise I'd say it went very well.  I stopped a few times to correct myself on the last measure of page two and the last verse of the last page.  All in all, my practice session went well today and I feel like I've gotten a lot accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment