Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Untitled #16

Monday and Tuesday I have been working a lot on Liebst du um Shoenheit.  Monday I ran through it twice and worked especially on measures 15-18.  I've been having a lot of trouble with my entrances.  Obviously I am doing a sloppy job of counting.  I also ran through Star Vicino just to refresh my memory.  On that particular song I ran through measures 34-37.  There is always that one interval that trips me up.  So I played it again and again so that I'd remember it.  When I felt like I had it, I sang the song all the way through.  Today I wrote out all the counting for my music and worked on conducting it to myself.  It was kinda hard to do because I've got my nose stuck in the book a lot and I quit doing it because I was focusing so much on my hand movements I wasn't giving my technique enough attention.  I have problems trying to do two things at once, lol.  I sang through Star Vicino and it went very well.  Yippy!! No interval problems today!! Also sang through Liebst du um Shoenheit.  Today I mainly worked on my entrances and rhythms.  I did a lot of speaking the words in rhythm.  When I felt comfortable with it, I decided to try singing it all together.  Not so successful.  After adding the notes, I was able to sing it, but not confidently.

1 comment:

  1. Good job speaking the words in rhythm...I think that this is so very important.....are you continuing to listen to your repertoire? Get on NAXOS...listen EVERY day! You will be surprised to find how fast and accurately you learn your music. Just make sure you have a score out in front of you when you do this!

    ReplyDelete