Friday, January 13, 2012

Aus meinen großen Schmerzen ( Out of My Great Pain) by Robert Franz

Lyrics and Translation: 
Aus meinen großen Schmerzen
Out of my great pain
Mach' ich die kleinen Lieder;
I fashion little songs;
Die heben ihr klingend Gefieder
they lift their vibrant feathers
Und flattern nach ihrem Herzen.
ans flutter toward her heart.

Sie fanden den Weg zur Trauten,
They found the way to the beloved,
Doch kommen sie wieder und klagen,
yet they come again and complain,
Und klagen, und wollen nicht sagen,
and complain, and will not say
Was sie im Herzen schauten.
what they saw in her heart.
 
Character Study:
I.  Before
1.  The events that have occurred prior to this song that have led me to this point are that
I have told the one I love about my feelings for her and I have not gotten a response.
2.  My feelings just before the song begins are that I am sad that she does not return my love
and that she says nothing in response about her feelings at all.
II.  During
1.  I am a lover.
2.  I am a young male musician.  I am passionate but full of sadness because of my rejection.
3.  The other characters involved are the "songs" that are personified as birds and my lover,
the lady who I love.
4.  The songs are the little bird creations inspired by the musician. They do the musicians
bidding and relay the musicians feelings like little love notes.  Like the musician, their
feelings are hurt when they are rejected by the musicians lady.  The lady,my lover, is a cold
woman who simply is not interested in this musician.
5.  I am sitting alone in my room.  I am writing another song about my feelings for my lover.
I am preparing to send another "messenger pigeon". 
6.  I am singing to my lady.
7.  This person is not with me now.
8.  I am saying this because I want to know how to find my way to this woman's heart and despite
my attempts, she will not let me in.
9.  My feelings throughout this song are that I am sad that she does not return my love and
hoping that she will see my sad state in this song and pay a little attention to me.
10.  N/A
III.  After
1.  My thoughts and feelings as the song ends are that I hope that this little "messenger pigeon"
or song finds it's way to her heart.
2.  The events that will happen as a result of this song is that she will receive this next song 
just continue to disregard it like all the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment