Thursday, January 12, 2012

Reward by John Jacob Niles

Character Study:

I.  Before
  1.  The events that have occurred prior to this song that have led me to this point is that I have been in love with someone for a long time and they have not returned my love in the same way.
  2.  My thoughts and feelings just before the song begins is that I am tired and I am going to put my feelings out there.  I am going to lay my love on the line.
II.  During
  1.  I am a lover.
  2.  I could be an older woman of middle class decent.  I am patient, giving, kind, loving, gentle, and loyal.
  3.  My lover is the other character involved.
  4.  My lover is another older man.
  5.  I am at home with my lover.
  6.  I am singing to my lover.
  7.  Yes, this person is present with me now.
  8.  I am saying this because I have patiently waited all these long and painful years to be with the one I love and now finally I can be united with the one I have longed to be with so desperately.
  9.  My thoughts throughout this song are that I am so happy that this long wait is finally over.  I can be with the one I love forever and no one can tear us apart now.  I am in his strong arms where I feel safe and where I feel like I belong.  Now I can kiss the lips that I have longed to kiss.  We belong to each other.
  10.  N/A
III. After
  1.  My thoughts and feelings as the song ends are of joy because the world I lived in before was not as nice as it is now.  I worked and waited but my efforts were not recognized until my lover came and returned my love.
  2.  The events that will occur as a result of this song are that I will be with my lover forever and nothing will tear us apart.  It's almost like I am so happy I died and went to heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment