Wednesday, January 11, 2012

This Little Rose by William Roy

Character Study:

I.  Before
  1.  The events that have occurred prior to this song that have led me to this point is that a rose, representing human life, has just died.
  2.  My thoughts before the song begins is of our role in human life.  I am feeling thoughtful, peaceful, and serene.
II.  During
  1.  I am just an observer.
  2.  I could be anybody.  I might have known this "little rose" before it died.
  3.  The other characters involved are the bees, the butterflies, the birds, and the breeze.
  4.  The butterfly and the bee are close family or friends of the rose, but the bird and the breeze are merely familiar faces who aren't connected to the rose in any sort of relationship at all.
  5.  I am sitting alone somewhere like my room or a garden pondering life.
  6.  I am singing to myself.
  7.  I am saying this because the "bee" and the "butterfly" (representing friends and family) need the rose to survive.  They love, cherish, and appreciate the rose.  The bird and the breeze, however, do not know the rose, nor do they need the rose to live happily.  They represent those who don't know the "rose".  They wonder about the "rose" but they just pass on by like a breeze.  When the "rose" dies, only the "butterfly" and the "bee" will be affected because they love and care about the "rose" and need it to survive. 
It will not affect those who don’t notice the "rose". So basically it is not that big of a deal if the "rose" is dead or alive.  "You hasten from a far journey," means that the "rose" has been through many things in life. "On it’s breast to lie" means that after all it has put up with through life, it has to lay down and surrender.  It is easy for the "rose" to die because those who care will still be there and those who don’t care will remain not caring. The rose, gives it's all, it's life, to the world, and yet not everyone in the world notices it.
  9.  My feelings throughout this song are peace, serenity, and acceptance.
  10.  N/A
III. After
   1.  My feelings as the song ends are peace, serenity, and acceptance.
   2.  N/A

No comments:

Post a Comment