Sunday, September 9, 2012

Untitled #34

This week I have been working on my composer bios, IPA's, translations, and character studies for my voice folder.  My primary focus as far as the music has been Ici Bas.  I plan to sing this on recital for Tuesday night.  The main concern was that I may have been singing too heavily with this song.  Ive been practicing and warming up with lots of buzzes and some bright E's, I's, and Ah's.  When I warm up I haven't of course been only focusing on the higher end of my range.  I've been trying to also focus on the lower end of my range so that I can keep it forward and bright and not so heavy and chesty, but I try not to spend too much time down there because its very exhausting for me after a while.  I don't want to hurt myself.  As for memorization, it wasn't difficult for me to get back into it at all.  I was happy to realize that I wouldn't require any work on that.  I'm glad to focus mainly on the musical/technical aspects of the song and really work on perfecting it.  Another concern of mine is the french pronunciations.  I feel like most of the words are correct but I feel that as time has passed since I've sung it, some of the vowels or pronunciations have fallen by the way side.  I would like to check back with you on Monday to be sure things are 100%.

No comments:

Post a Comment