Sunday, September 16, 2012

Untitled #35

This week I've been focusing on Aus Meinen and Non so Piu.  At the center of that has been basically just reviewing the lyrics and what notes I took on each piece last year.  I've been having trouble getting that momentum in my upper range lately for Non so Piu.  I don't want to push but I feel like I am when I get up there and when I don't push, I cant make it and it sounds just gawd awful.  I feel like some of this might me lack of sleep and such.  Also just because I getting back into the swing of things and once Ive been singing for a while and I'm rolling with the punches I'll get my groove back.  As for Aus Meinen, I feel like things have been going pretty well.  I remember the lyrics quite clearly and as far as singing it...I have no complaints (others might while I'm in the shower at 2am...ha!).  Singing it is so easy.  Its just not as difficult for me too keep it bright in the lower range and not let it get too heavy.  I feel like I connect with the lyrics and so far so good.  I'm not worried about this song at all.  Non so Piu... I am a little worried about however because I just don't feel a whole lot of confidence in my upper range yet.  It scares me.  Sometimes I open the door just a crack (metaphorically speaking) and I can see that creature in there so I slam it shut.  One of these days, I will tame it.

No comments:

Post a Comment