Monday, September 24, 2012

Untitled #36

This week has been very crazy! For most of the beginning of the week, I have been working on Non so Piu and reviewing Reward for NATS coming up very soon.  Everything is sounding and feeling pretty good for me so far.  The only concerns I have are that I will either be too heavy or too bright with Non so Piu.  Its easier for me in the upper part of my range if I have it brighter but it detracts from the song.  Also, the pronunciation or the dental T's.  I feel that I am missing them and I dont want to have to think very hard about it.  When I sing this, I want to be very much into the character and not so much concentrating on little technicalities.  There are also a few places where my notes arent as they should be and some of the words get mixed up.  Despite these, however, I am not worried.  I feel that this is a very strong piece and that it has alot of potetial.  I will continue work on this song and perfect it.  Last year at NATS I went without any expectations and I did better than I ever expected.  This year, I have high expectations for myself.  I view this as a learning experience and I also realize that sometimes no matter how much work you put into something there will be someone better than you.  If I dont meet my expectations.  I wont be crushed or upset, I will only take it in stride.

No comments:

Post a Comment