Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Untitled #17

Today I ran through Star Vicino a couple times just for memory's sake, and it went very well:)  I then decided to work on my Ave Maria for a little bit.  The main thing I focused on was opening my mouth and improving my tone.  I tried aiming my sound towards my top teeth and raising my eye brows.  It got better but I still felt like I was swallowing it or that it could have felt easier.  So I just tried some "NG" exercises and some AH vowels because those seem to be my worst vowel in my higher register.  They seemed to work because I felt less tension and remembered to keep a "mush mouth".  I practiced the "Amens" at the end because they are what I need to work on most, and moved on to Liebst du um Shonheit.  I didn't work a whole lot on that one today,  just ran through it a couple of times because I wanted to work mainly on Sonntag.  I started by writing out the counting and then reviewing the pronunciation.  Then I worked on learning the first page.  It was a little difficult but I got it. It really helped to write out the counting.  

1 comment:

  1. Chelsey--

    Just a reminder--you only need to blog once a week rather than every day! It seems like you have been doing a TON of work blogging! Are you continuing to sing in a mirror? Do this! It will change the way you sing!

    Dr. H.

    ReplyDelete