Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Untitled #21

Today I began my practice session with a few "NG-AH" exercises.  Today I am singing Ave Maria for my recital and the biggest thing I have to content with in that piece it the vowels.  The entrances are weak and the "OH's" and "Ah's" are weak.  I went up the scale with the "NG-AH" until I got to a "C".  Then I practiced a few of the vowels I encounter throughout the song on "NG-AH".  This was very helpful and I felt as warmed up as I could possible be.  The high notes really seemed easy and clear today.  Next I decided to sing through Ave Maria a few times.  The first time through, I switched around a couple of words on the last page.  The second time through, I fixed it and it sounded really well.

1 comment:

  1. WOW! A C?!? That is impressive! Make sure you keep a relaxed, open mouth space....sing in front of a mirror! Are you doing this? Focus on your technique....I know this is difficult when we worry about our words some time. Keep up the fantastic work, Chelsey! OPEN THAT MOUTH!

    ReplyDelete