Monday, November 7, 2011

Untitled #20

Today I worked mostly on Ave Maria.  The beginning and ending vowels were my main concern because they seem so be so weak.  I watched myself in the mirror as I sang each one and checked to make sure my mouth was long not wide.  I'm not sure why but it felt very uncomfortable for me and I had a really hard time getting a nice easy sound.  I actually think I might have hurt myself because I feel really sore.  The good thing is, I have Ave Maria memorized.  I kept working on it despite my discomfort though.  I figured if I kept working I'd find that happy place, and I did.  I'm not sure what clicked because I had been thinking of keeping the air focused up at my top teeth the whole time.  Somehow I persuaded myself to quit swallowing the sound and using my chest voice.  Everything is light now and easy.  Let's hope I can more consistently use this technique.

No comments:

Post a Comment