Thursday, November 3, 2011

Untitled #18

Today I worked on Sonntag and Liebst du um Shonheit.  I reviewed the Liebst du um Shonheit first.  I ran through it a couple of times and found there were a few spots I was not quite satisfied with.  The first spot was measures fifteen through seventeen.  The counting there is very difficult for me and it just seems so odd.  So I worked it and clapped through it a few times but I got frustrated and had to stop because it was just making me mad.  I moved on to Sonntag and looked at the first page again and found that I hadn't retained a single note of it.  That made me even more mad.  So I tried relearning it again and just stuck to working with the first page.  I am not very happy today and I have almost no patience right now.  This was not a very good practice.

1 comment:

  1. When you "run" your pieces, do you go through it start to finish? Think about creating a strategy for practicing....focus on the most difficult parts, work on them, and then put them back into context. Try to refrain from working on the piece as a whole....or running the piece.

    ReplyDelete