Tuesday, September 6, 2011

First Practice Session of the school year

Today I decided to warm-up with some lip buzzes.  I started at middle C and worked my way  up almost two octaves. Then I did those "Wee!" things.  I'm not sure how to explain this exercise. Lol. I guess its like a scooping upwards gliss.  After that, I did some "I Love to sing" exercises. I love those. They always seem to warm me up pretty well.  The First piece I started with was Ici Bas because I know it already.  So I sang through the song a couple of times just to refresh my memory.  The next song I worked on was my Ave Maria.  All I did today was work on learning the melody.  I've been listening to my recording, and I have a fairly good idea of how it should go, but today it was time to sit down at the keyboard and try to plunk it out.  So far I have the first three pages down really well. After I had sang it with the keyboard for guidance, I decided to sing it acapella and see how well I remembered the melody, and guess what?! I could sing it back exactly how it was written!!  I am really excited about my progress that I have made already!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment