Thursday, September 15, 2011

Untitled #3

So I began my practice session with lip buzzes up the scale as high as I could go, which was a "C" today, and I felt that was pretty good.  I also did a few lip buzz slides or glisses and arpeggiated pure vowel sounds.  The first song I worked on was "Lullaby" from The Consul.  I worked mainly on cleaning up a few pieces of the melody that I found difficult.  When I finally got it down, I decided to try singing it without the piano's guidance.  This went fairly well and found that there was only one place I questioned and that was the key change on the last verse.  After working on "Lullaby", I decided to start learning the melody on "That's Life".  Whooo! Man that one is really difficult!  I'm not really sure I'm playing the right notes sometimes because it just doesn't sound right.  Maybe it makes more sense with the accompaniment.  I hate to be this way, but I'm getting a little frustrated with my confusion.  I wish I could find a decent recording of this song.  Then, maybe I could have a half decent idea of what this song sounds like.

No comments:

Post a Comment