Thursday, September 29, 2011

Untitled #8

Today I began my practice session with lip buzzes and singing my vowels in the mirror.  The Ah and Oh vowels in my upper register are so difficult.  I always feel so much tension.  I didn't work too much on that because I had just finished choir and madrigals and my voice was already feeling really tired.  Uhg! everyone around me is sick! Anyways, I sang through Ici Bas once and Lullaby once all the way through and then went back to work on some parts.  The first place I looked at was the second system on the second page.  My vowels and ending consonants on that page line are terrible.  I went through it several times slowly note by note, and then up to tempo when I felt it was solid.  Then I began singing through That's Life.  I didn't use the piano as a guide because my piano skills are no use on this song but I found that it was already beginning to sink in.  I was able to check my notes every once in a while to make sure I was still on track and so far I didn't get too severely off the pitch.  It's the tempo changes that really throw me.

No comments:

Post a Comment