Monday, September 5, 2011

Working over my labor day weekend

In last weeks vocal lessons, I picked out my repertoire for this semester.  It consists of the following:

Lullaby from "The Consul" by Gian Carlo Menotti
The Old Man's Song by Gian Carlo Menotti
That's Life by John P. Sacco
Ici Bas by Gabriel Faure
Ave Maria by Franz Abt
Star Vicino (composer unknown)
Fur Musik by Robert Franz
Liebst du um Shonheit by Clara Wieck Schumann

That Tuesday I bought my books online at Amazon.com and on Friday I bought as many of the songs I could find on i tunes and have been listening to them religiously.  That Friday I also received two of my books and began translating all of my foreign language songs and writing my character studies.  So far I have all of them but two songs done.  They are The Old Man's Song and That's Life because I haven't received those books yet in the mail.  So far, I am thoroughly enjoying the music I am studying.  It's been a wonderful learning experience and I am excited to perform them in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment