Thursday, September 8, 2011

learning new music 2

I have to admit, I didn't do a whole lot today.  After choir, I decided to start practice by reviewing "Ici Bas" and "I Do I Do in the Sky!".  I sang that in the musical I did this summer called the Drowsy Chaperone.  Next Tuesday I will be singing it with the remaining cast members who go to college at WSC for a class that Mr. Phil has at 8am.  I'm very excited!  It will be great to see the cast again and perform this song.  It's very upbeat and fun to listen to as well as perform.  So, I guess I just figured that it would be good to probably do a little review some time this week before I perform on Tuesday.  After I reviewed "I Do I Do in the Sky!", I then reviewed what I had been working on with the Ave Maria by Robert Franz.  So far, it's not completely memorized, just the first line, otherwise I have the melody very well understood and I should have this song down in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment